Writing | How Do I Save the World?

Burnt like the foothills, sweet ancient Ma Loa,
My heart weeps, seeking a flow of atonement.
For the deeds that I’ve done, a stain on my soul,

Yearning for redemption.


In this realm of shadows and despair,

I search for meaning; woe is the seeker.

The weight of my sins, a burden untold,

I seek absolution.


Lost in darkness, like a fawn in a storm,

I seek refuge, or a light to show.

The mundane world to a realm lost,

I now see small wonders exist, for the first time.


How do I save a world drowning in strife?

One step at a time, awakening from a life,

Where fear robbed me of one leg to stand,

And paralyzed the other, trapped in sand.


How do I save all those I hold dear?

A future of harmony, devoid of suffering.

Clean air to breathe, food to eat?

My faint heart trembles, never still, always strained.


Red like the wine, a sight that bleeds,

Tears cascade as the cruel world turns.

Numbness in numbers, bloodshed in scores,

The fire of corruption, evil and wars.


Fear of death, for wealth reigns alone,

While the hues turn to gray, and the blue turns to black.

Each fragment of Earth lost, a piece of our soul,

As a species, mortals, drifting further beyond return.


In this fantastical realm, where darkness persists,

A breath of hope, I’ll mumble my wish…

To reclaim what's lost, for the soul of our world, 

Or at the least, a good night's sleep.

Popular Posts